Old July 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Nan

Default Winter clothes

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:35:20 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
snuck out of the ether to utter:

We're moving to the Chicago area in the middle of winter this year. DDs 1
and 2 will be in a school district that requires uniforms, so that's one
less thing I have to worry about. But we're moving from the Pacific
northwest where it gets cold but not *cold*, kwim? I'm getting ready to put
some clothes on layaway at the Navy exchange for all the girls for school
here, but I'm debating whether or not to put anything like sweaters and
jackets and such because I have no idea what they'll actually need up there.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of cold weather clothing I
should invest in before the move for DDs ages 6, 4, 3 and under 6 mo?

I'm in Indiana, about 3 hours east, and we have about the same
weather.

A lot will depend on when you'll be moving. While you're going to
want warm clothing once you're here, you can probably get by with
layering and perhaps a sweatshirt/pants outfit or 2 for each (warm
blankets for the baby, all in one outfits with feet).
In the name of saving packing and moving space I'd wait to outfit them
until after you've moved, and depending on when you move, you can find
great sales on lots of winter items starting in late Dec.
Boots, winter coats, snow pants all go on clearance after Christmas.

Nan
--
"when the sun goes down we'll be groovin'
when the sun goes down we'll be feelin' alright,