Old July 21st 06, 02:05 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Beth Kevles

Default 12 Year Old Money Disagreements

Hi --

I think he should be old enough for a computer. Ask him why he wants a
laptop rather than a desktop? I'd be wary of a 12-year old toting his
computer around!

If you let him have it, you should set up ground rules. Ie, limits on
how much time he can spend on it, limits on how he can use it for
homework, and probably no internet access unless it's actually in front
of you. (In our house, internet access is limited to the kitchen so I
always know what my boys are up to.) The internet is actually a big
topic, but that's for another discussion!

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles