Old April 8th 07, 07:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default What IS going on in this group now?

"'Kate" wrote in message
news snip
I want to tell
them
a few stories about Easter (when I can unglue them from the TV) Theres
supposed to be traditions in some parts of the world about what to paint
on
the eggs and what the patterns and colors meant.

Ukrainian eggs are like that. It's fascinating to watch them being
colored... they block with wax so that the color only permeates the
unwaxed part.

Oh! We do those...
For the last 23 years of my life, anyways...
I actually remember doing them for probably 18 years, and I still can't do a
straight line. My mom is alright at doing them. She takes her time and
wiggly lines galore, but it still looks pretty nice. Me, I do the same
thing over and over. My grandma used to do them fantastically (an old
Ukrainian lady) but over the years, major arthritis has taken over and her
hands just can't do them. She'd much rather watch us (and me struggle) to
do them. N and I still have unfinished eggs that we started a couple weeks
ago sitting at my mom's house... I get bored and frustrated way too easily
with them