Old January 2nd 09, 05:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Default Another C-section question...

Kat wrote:

As it is, I will NOT have N in the room with me at the hospital. I doubt
I'll even care enough to call him at all, but no matter what, I do not care
to have him around me after what he's pulled and continues to pull. I
really now don't have much for a coach or partner for delivery... I want and
need my mom to take the kids as she's my only real option for that, and I
suppose in a pinch I could call a friend, but not sure if I really want to
or how comfortable with that I am... I'm just feeling like I'm in such a
mess right now and not sure what I should be doing...

It looks like you already have answers for your other issues. In the
big city nearest to me, among the various Catholic Charities offerings
for single moms, there is a program that provides free labor coaches.
Maybe your city has similar programs. In my area women working toward
becoming certified doulas often volunteer their time or take what the
mother can afford. If you check around quickly, maybe you can find good
affordable labor support.

--Betsy