Old October 28th 05, 04:16 PM
Tracey

Default Changing teachers mid year

"Lesley" wrote in message
.net...
Anyone been through this? My seventh grader found out yesterday that
she's been assigned to a new teaching team. Our area has huge population
growth, and they've hired two new seventh grade teachers (taking the
school from 12 to 14 7th grade homerooms). They randomly chose the
students to be assigned to the new team, uprooting them from current
teachers, routines, friends.

No, we're not happy. Any suggestions on how to get through it?

Have her look at it as an opportunity, and with a positive attitude. If you
react negatively to the change, she will probably pick up on that and react
similarly.

Besides, its not like they pulled (only) her out of a class and placed her
into an already established class group. They have rearranged a number of
students, who are all dealing with the change together. I'd expect the
transition to be much easier because of that.