Old February 21st 04, 11:29 PM

Default homework hassles

"Betty" wrote in message
news:clOZb.568816$JQ1.120957@pd7tw1no...

"Bebe lestrnge" wrote in message

homework hassles

Bev wrote:
I have two very different children as well, My first in no way prepared
me for the second ! LOL! Jessica is the one that it all came to easy ,
Sara has learning disabilities and so also has an IEP.

My son also has an IEP and is being tested for ADD. I don't know if he
actually has ADD, or is just being 8, but I know with the IEP, at least he
gets extra help at school.
He works with the resource teacher twice a week right now, and if he is
diagnosed as ADD, will get extra time with her and also the school
psychologist.

I know people hate to have their kids labelled, but if means my kid will get
extra help, then I'm all for having a label applied to him.

Our big thing is reading and retention.
He is ok in other subjects, but he has a really hard time with reading. He
is supposed to read for at least 15 minutes every day, and it is a constant
battle to get even that much from him.
He also has a hard time retaining information he has learned.
He always does really well on spelling test (usually 100%), but will not
remember the word 2 days down the line.
This leads me think it might not be ADD he has, but some other form of
learning disability.

Betty, does he take medication?
Just curious,