Old February 22nd 04, 03:26 PM
Kim

Default Teachers

"V" wrote in message

"Betty" wrote in message
news:y1wZb.563209$JQ1.282903@pd7tw1no...

"V" wrote in message
10 years old and the amount of homework is amazing!
Whoo..

My son is in grade 3, and get less homework now than when he was in

first
grade.

In first grade, he used to get an hour or more worth of home work every
night until a few parents wrote to the principal and complained.

The teacher was a real academic (and B*tch), and should NOT have been
teaching primary children.
She made more than one parent cry, not to mention the kids.

Thank goodness she is no longer at our school.

Betty

His teacher would tap over and over on their foreheads to get blood to

their
brains. I had a conference with her about his. I did not like my child
repeatedly having someone thug him on the forhead. She made it seems as

though
I overreacted, but with his connective tissue disorder and the fact I

teach
them no one is to touch them, especially painfully and then...well, I am
confused myself, but I did not like it at all. How would you guys have

handled
this situation?
curiously,

Hmmmmm I probably would have tapped the teacher on the head.... with a
SLEDGE HAMMER...
Ok perhaps not but the thought is there.... I WOULD have wrote a lovely
letter of complaint to the school board, principal, editors of every
paper... I would have contacted other parents to make sure that my child was
not the only one being treated in this manner... and if I found out that
he/she was THEN I would get the sledge hammer.... ummmmm ok so I wouldn't
use the hammer... I would vocalize... Oh yes... I would vocalize LOUDLY and
I would NOT stop until the teacher was reprimanded and retired... Now I'm
assuming this tap-tap-tap was happening infront of the entire class? How
Degrading and demoralizing and how disstructive to ones self confidence and
OMG I could just go on and on.... Anyone want the sledge hammer for me?

Ahhhhhhh curious as to exactly what you DID do?

Sign me,
Upset where's my hammer?
Kim