Old December 7th 03, 02:10 AM
New York Jen

Default Banana-pillar

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
Scheduling couldn't be worked out for tomorrow, so Grandma
and Grandpa came over this afternoon for the first solid
feeding.

They wanted to give her banana, and that was fine with us.
They were really so much more excited about it than we were,
so we just let them have at it.

I figured they'd mash up the banana, but they just gave her
about half of it whole. She put the banana in her mouth,
and bit off a huge chunk. It was so shocking to her that
she let it all fall right back out. It must have tasted
good because she picked the chunks back up and gnawed on
them some more. Every time she'd get a tiny bit broken off,
she'd make a horrible disgusted face and swallow it right
down. By the time she was done "eating," both she and the
high chair were permeated with squished banana. I suspect
she ate a teaspoon's worth. (None of which came from a
spoon; spooned banana was spit right back out.) Since the
whole thing involved an hour and a bath and 3
banana-drenched grownups, it might be awhile before she gets
solids again.

Pictures at http://tinyurl.com/y1r5

Phoebe

Oh Phoebe, she's so PRECIOUS! Nice to finally be able to put a face with a
name, although she doesn't look like a caterpillar.

:-)

- Jen