Old May 28th 04, 12:48 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default of queens and cats, was frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but need

In ,
Rebecca McGraw wrote:

*
*I thought a mare was a female horse 4 years of age or older, regardless
*of whether or not she has foaled. Guess I have to go look it up.

Depends on where you're looking it up
The medical/physiological definition is that a filly turns into a mare at
sexual maturity - like a girl turns into a woman at puberty. But for
horses who are involved in different activities there may be different
definitions. A thoroughbred racehorse won't turn into a mare until she's
five. Go figure.