Old May 25th 04, 08:01 PM
Denise Anderson

Default My own name question

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yep, Riley has definitely been co-opted by the girls side. We'd had Riley
as our chosen boy name for years, but just crossed it off the list, as I
know of too many girls with the name. Plus, our thinking has rather

changed
over the years, and now we don't really like boys names that end with an
"ie" or "y" sound -- Cody, Riley, etc, sound too cutesy -- they work well
for a baby or toddler, but not as well for a 40 year old man, or the
President of the United States. So, Riley is off the list. We were able

agree on another boys name, should baby #2 be a boy, but we haven't yet
settled on a girls name.
--

Maybe I'll go in and the ultrasound will have been wrong We can agree on
a boy's name, we've had it picked out for months. The girl thing is killing

Denise

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:
Denise wrote:
Riley

If it's a first name, it's a boy's name IMO.

Really?! I don't think I've heard a boy Riley in
*ages* and *ages*, but I've heard a lot of girl Rileys.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite name, but I think the
tide (if there was one) has definitely turned on this
name, at least on the US east coast.

Best wishes,
Ericka