Old March 12th 09, 03:59 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.education,misc.education,misc.kids
Vladimir Tschenko

Default Wouldn't Want To Go To School Today

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:52:08 GMT, toto wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:26:53 GMT, (Vladimir Tschenko)
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 02:52:59 GMT, toto wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 02:36:47 GMT,
(Vladimir Tschenko)
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:48:24 GMT, toto wrote:

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:46:41 GMT,
(Way Back Jack)
wrote:

At any rate, back to the 50s, there were a few war widows but single
parents were in the distinct minority.

Often, teenage pregnancies were covered up with the girl going out of
town to have her baby. If she returned with baby, the grandparents or
an aunt and uncle often claimed the baby was theirs and raised it
without the child knowing who the real mother was.

All your excuses do not cover up fact that far less OOW in 1950s.

What excuses? I knew many teenage girls who got pregnant in the 50s.

Vladimir say your experience not microcosm of typicality.

Vladimir doesn't have a clue how girls were treated back in the 50s.

I say what I experienced was much more typical than what you
experienced.

Nonsense. You are leftist with head in sand; you find nothing wrong
with today's society which is the result of nearly 50 years of
liberalism, moral relativism.

Anyway, original point above does not pertain to teen mothers but to
single parent households regardless of age of parent. Single parent
household in 50s were -- how you say -- few-and-far-between.

These were OOWs despite the fact that the children were not
necessarily brought up in single parent families.

OOWs and single parent households much rarer in1950s.

No, OOWs were just more hidden. Single Parent households were rarer
because OOWs were hidden and girls could not *choose* to keep their
babies and be single parents as easily.

That is -- how you say -- bool****.

Vladimir live in lower middle class neighborhood -- at best -- (some
called it upper lower class neighborhood) where you might expect OOWs.

Nothing hidden in that densely packed neighborhood. Everybody know
everbody else business.

OOWs very rare.