Old October 18th 05, 09:05 PM
Melania

Default no naps- EVER- life in disaster zone.

Child wrote:
I stopped napping at about a year old, and I am developmentally just fine
(my husband might beg to differ).

Hee! We're the same - I was`called the insomniac baby by my parents. I
apparently was awake all day and slept in 15 minute increments
throughout the night from birth. I slept through the night for the
first time at 3.5 yo. My mom swears my youngest brother was the last of
her children to give up his nap - at 7 mo. My kids might not be the
world's best sleepers, but they are waaaay better than my own family
was!

Perhaps she doesnt' NEED the nap but
perhaps there could be some quiet "play in your crib time" in the afternoon
so that YOU can have a break (this is what my mom did for me).

I'd say it's essential for mom to get a break every day.

Melania