Old August 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default OT...my mom

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Aww! ((Hugs))
That doesn't sound good, although I really don't have a clue about medical
or semi-medical lingo
Hopefully she's a bit better than it sounds to me, and hopefully you can
find that flight soon!
Your family has my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you Kat!

Ugh .......I just had a car accident ...... I quit smoking cold turkey
this past Tues. morn at 10 a.m. and all this is starting to make me
want one so now I am fighting the emotional urge to just smoke my
brains out to go along with my day .........

My sis called while I was out taking Mari to work because it was
raining a little and her car has broken wipers. mom still has slurred
speach the CT scan does not show any bleeding in her head...they took
her off the blood thinner she was on intravenously for the clots now
because of the blow to the head. They will do another CT scan to
recheck on the blow to the head.

On my way home after dropping Mari off at work I am driving up the
highway doing the speed limit of 50-55 and the guy in front of me
decides to slam on his break and slow down to stop for an ambulance
that is stopped to the right at a stop sign to pull out onto the
highway! Even the guy driving the ambulance said to this elderly guy "
Yea ! but you dont do that until after you pass by us, then you slow
down pull to the right and let us by".........

I only hope that my car gets fixed after this I do not have collision
darn it ! Of course I am grateful no one was hurt ......I am grateful
at this time the car is still driveable. I will be flying out to Texas
on Sunday.

Time to make calls ,get groceries in the house, do some cleaning, pack
some clothes, make arrangements for S and J cause an adult has to be
with them at all times via court order since the custody thing , so
that Mari can keep working to bring home the bacon she cant be that
person ! Lots to do ............will update as I can !
Bev