Old September 14th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default 2 yr old causing problems at Daycare

Greegor wrote:
Perhaps a child abuse report should be leveled against
the deficient day care, for their incompetence,

Unless they are actually abusing the child that would be a fraudulent
report. Are you sure you want to suggest it as a possible course of
action? After all, should he and it turn out badly, I'll be happy to put
his attorney in touch with you. 0:-

but then
instead of fixing their own incompetence they would
expel the ""trouble maker""

His day care provider would do that?

and call in a child abuse
report on you!

A false report, and risk suit? I mean, after all, your idea of resolving
conflict is pretty much always a suit, isn't it Greg?

Notice how Kane sees spanking only in terms
of beating the child senseless.

Hyperbole, thy name is Greg.

Nope. You never have gotten irony Greg. Likely too late for you now.
More likely you had any real honest gentle humor busted out of you by
spanking.

Too bad.

That's his rabid political agenda expressed.

As usual, the 'rabid' project it upon others. The only agenda I have is
stopping as much child abuse as possible. Hitting a two year old for
expressing their frustration doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There are a world of other things one can do until the child is old
enough to be more socialized. Age four is the developmental milestone
for cooperative play, and hence, socialization. Before then you are
annoying, frustrating, and likely injuring the child's progress by
forcing. Especially through pain and aversion methods.

Just modify the environment, dummy.

The biggest problem with seeking advice
is that you know your child better than anybody else.

The biggest problem with seeking advice is that the Gregs of the world
might come along and miss the point you made, that the parent said in so
many words, he didn't know what to do and he and his wife are at the end
of their rope.

Greg's idea of "helping" is to attack the helpers, derail the exchange,
and then pull you into the 'let's everyone kick CPS and the CPS suckup
'sickofants.' He can't even spell.

But he's happy to subvert and preempt the one making the inquiry and
anyone attempting any real help. If you don't know what to do, Greg, you
might consider shutting the puckering up. 0:-

What works for one may not work for another.

That's why I offered different scenarios and outcomes and suggested
strongly that he get a good book on child development to better
understand what is going on.

What do YOU think he should do, take one of your how to spank your child
into submission, force them to take cold aversive showers, and learn to
bark and meow?

Whether you believe in spanking or not, the
first and obvious course of action is to
engage the child in activities that interest them.

I have to admire the way you condensed, in that last phrase, just what I
was saying about development.

Brilliant. We need more of that around here.

And congratulations, you did not dump YOUR case on the poster.

That's got to be a rare first.

Go on, I know you are dying to tell him, and after all, your story is
more important than his issue, right, Greg?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)