Old October 16th 04, 03:27 AM
Nan

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:22:07 GMT, "firedancer623"
scribbled:

I've always wondered about that. Sure I know it's a possibility but I've
never heard of anyone going to jail for refusing.

A summons to jury duty is a judicial summons. If you don't show up,
you are in contempt of court and a warrant will be issued for you.
I've known 2 people that got arrested for it.

That's fine. It's just one of the many reasons I don't feel our freedom is
really *free*

Well, it certainly isn't free considering those that put their lives
on the line so you can live "free". There *is* a cost.

Nan