Old December 18th 08, 02:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default Bad cramping??

I've never had this before, and I don't think I've even had it with other
pregnancies. Did I eat something bad? Is this normal? I really don't
recall anything like this before.

I don't want to call the 24 hour health line and ask a nurse mostly because
no matter what I've called about, they've always said go to the hospital and
get checked out NOW (or right away, as in they recommend within the next
hour or two or so)

Tough one, if it's new for you, you probably should get checked out, but
given some things are stopping it, I wouldn't be quite so worried
about doing it urgently as the nurse, because if you list what it could
be, the kind of things that would be a surgical emergency would mean you
would be feeling worse right now (not saying it isn't something in the
earlier stages) or if it's preterm labour, you also wouldn't get it to
stop - preterm labour does surprise some people, but your likelihood
when you've done all this before so you know what it feels like is
pretty slim that you'd not notice.

There are just so many things is can be, it could definitely be
something you've eaten, but a severe food reaction needing urgent
treatment would probably be unremitting until it comes out one way or
another and even that doesn't necessarily need treatment. Even slight
postural changes could set of something muscular that has a crampy
feeling to it.

So I think you do need to see someone, but not right now, there is
probably a pretty good chance you'll feel better soon and it can wait
until your next appointment, or if it's unremitting but soothable, then
tomorrow morning and if it gets worse, then do get seen.

I have to do the caution now, this is not medical advice - you have to
make your own decision on this one.

Cheers
Anne