Old November 13th 07, 12:34 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Ann Porter

Default Naughty mom (or dad) behavior

"Claire" wrote in message
ups.com...
Time for true confessions here - name a time when you did something
that is not on the list of Best Practices as a parent.

Here's one of mine - drinking a Bud out of a paper bag in the parking
lot during my daughter's trombone lesson. It was just one of those
days, and it did taste so very good.

Warm Regards,

Claire

I live in SE Louisiana, and down here the only problem with that story is
the "hide it in a paper bag" part. Public beer drinking is pretty common
down here.

When my daughter went into Jr. High, she was being intimidated by a bully
(another girl). Threatening to beat her up, etc. I told her to call the
bully on it. "Fine, get off at my bus stop and we'll settle this right
now."

Gulp. Very stupid of me. Fortunately, it worked, and the bully backed off.
They became friends, even.

--
Where we are weak, harshness and fear will not make us strong;
where we are strong, gentleness and forebearance will not make us weak. --