Old April 3rd 05, 04:11 PM
Queenie

Hi
after 6 month, the normal bacteria in your mouth become bad. By this time,
the begin to attack your gum and bone underneath. this is why the dental
care professionals recommend a 6 month recall.

there is no fixed interval for radiographs. however, 2 bitewings are
recommended once a year in most offices.

as for amalgam, if u wanted some info while u were just kidding. look at the
amalgam faq on the Canadian Dental Association website.

"00doc" wrote in message
I'm sorry of this sounds like a troll - it isn't.

When I was a kid the dentist wanted to see us once a year. Now they all
seem to say to come in every 6 months. Is this recommendation based on
some studies, clinical observations, just a vogue, or what?

Similar question for the x-rays - are there studies suggesting an optimal
frequency (or if they add anything to the exam at all?

And about that mercury in the amalgams...... (just kidding)

Thanks in advance

--
00doc