Old September 9th 06, 04:26 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.education,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit
toto

Default Seeking straight A's, parents push for pills

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:45:47 GMT, "Donna Metler"
wrote:

I strongly suspect that an oral exam/discussion given 1-1 would have much
the same benefit a music audition/interview does, if schools decided to do
it that way.

That would eliminate students with speech problems who might to very
well on written exams, but not be able to hold their own in such
interviews. Having an autistic grandson and in talking with autistic
adults online, I know that they might fail face to face oral exams and
yet be perfectly capable of the understanding needed to be accepted on
the basis of their written knowledge.

My ds had problems with interviews when he was job hunting and yet he
is one of the most capable chemical engineers at his company.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits