Old April 15th 06, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Sore breasts

aldee wrote:

[snip]
And, while I have your attention ;-) I fed my dd, who is nine now, for
almost 3 years (and tandem fed my younger at the same time, but she gave up
before dd1), but the beginning I remember was excruciating. Since I haven't
fed for such a long time - 6 years - will feeding be like this baby is my
first... will it hurt as much... or will my body "remember" and not find it
as painful in the beginning? Any voices of experience gratefully received
:-)

Can't help overall, but the six year lapse thing I'm just coming
through. I nursed my first, he's six now, and when my newest was born
in February, WOW, no, it was a whole new learning curve all over again.
Purely anecdotal of course, but, it hurt just as much, and I went
through the same supply worries, and the same "god, this hurts so much,
is it thrush, is it....etc." thing all over again. I'd recommend taking
a refresher course on positioning, latch, etc. ahead of time, 'cuz
that's what I really had forgotten, and what caused most of our trauma.

But it's much better now, so try not to worry about that too much...[grin]

--
Cheri Stryker
mom to DS1 - 7 yrs. in May