Old February 17th 04, 11:51 AM
Rosalie B.

Default training bras

(beeswing) wrote:

Rosalie wrote:

Has your daughter said anything to HER?

No, I really doubt it.

Has her daughter said
anything to you?

I don't personally know the woman *or* her daughter.

Have you asked your daughter about her daughter (if
they know each other

Yeah, we did that. They are friends but not close ones.

The whole thing was real strange.

That's why while it may be that this woman is just terminally
interfering and a trouble maker, there may be some other reason why
she thinks that your daughter ought to be wearing a bra.

Maybe it might be a good idea to ask around to other moms that you DO
know. Has she done this to other girls?

I was a kid who just totally ignored the whole thing as much as
possible for as long as possible, and my mom was happy for me to do
that (although she did think it important to give me 'the talk' before
it was necessary and several times so I'd know what was going on and
wouldn't be freaked out - mostly because her mom did not do that for
her) as she apparently felt as you do that it was too early to be
concerned.

So if it had been up to me, I would never have worn a bra (regardless
- and athletics was not a part of my life), even after I would have
failed the pencil test. I was very protected and clueless about sex
and if my mom had asked me I would have rejected the idea of a bra
too. So you can't always rely on the girl to know when she needs to
wear a bra.

grandma Rosalie