Old July 22nd 08, 07:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Default OB app't

Kat schrieb:
snip
I know someone earlier recommended a book about tandem nursing/nursing while
PG, but I just really don't have the time or ability to sit down and read a
book. I just don't have that luxury anymore LOL

I read while nursing in bed. It's the only thing I can do during that
time except sleep, maybe that's an option, just a thought, because I
thought I'd never be able to read again back when Sam was still little.

DD2 nurses seldom. Usually first thing in the morning, sometimes before nap
time, on occasion before supper, guaranteed each time she's
sad/hurt/whatever and before bed.
Rather than just cut her off completely, I've just sort of not offered. I
haven't asked her if she wants to nurse, but if she asks, we do nurse.
She's 21 months in just a couple days now. She asks for boobies and gets
them, but I no longer ask her if she wants, so I find that I offer more than
she asks. Should I just let her wean completely like that? Or should I
keep going and offering? She never turns down an offer

Personally I'd keep nursing if you fell comfortable with the thought of
possibly tandem nursing. If you feel kind of meh about that I'd see
about her weaning "on her own" with a little help from you, i.e.
offering something else instead of nursing when she's sad/hurt/whatever.
I'd just offer cuddles/reading a book or something and if she insists on
nursing I'd still nurse, but if she's ok with your alternative that
might be worth a shot.
Once the baby's here it might be really hard for her to wean if you
decide tandem nursing is not for you (then again it might not be, sadly
kids don't come with a manual though I sure wish there was a FAQ section).

cu
nicole