Old January 5th 09, 04:13 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Another C-section question...

"betsy" wrote in message
Kat wrote:

As it is, I will NOT have N in the room with me at the hospital. I doubt
I'll even care enough to call him at all, but no matter what, I do not
care to have him around me after what he's pulled and continues to pull.
I really now don't have much for a coach or partner for delivery... I
want and need my mom to take the kids as she's my only real option for
that, and I suppose in a pinch I could call a friend, but not sure if I
really want to or how comfortable with that I am... I'm just feeling like
I'm in such a mess right now and not sure what I should be doing...

It looks like you already have answers for your other issues. In the big
city nearest to me, among the various Catholic Charities offerings for
single moms, there is a program that provides free labor coaches. Maybe
your city has similar programs. In my area women working toward becoming
certified doulas often volunteer their time or take what the mother can
afford. If you check around quickly, maybe you can find good affordable
labor support.

--Betsy

I called the line about community services we have here... They're like a
'distress line' and have info on everything from counsellors to places to
get food and necessities and everything in between. I asked if there was
anything that I could possibly get help from and there was this place called
something like "Association for Safe Alternatives in Childbirth" and I
called and left a message a few days ago. The machine said they check
messages on a weekly basis only, so I will wait until the end of this week
coming up and hope they can offer some help for what I need, or be able to
point me in the right direction.
This 'distress line' place I called for the city offers info on very
low-cost or free services, they don't really give info on things that
normally cost or are for-profit, so maybe this Association place might be a
good start.