Old January 5th 09, 04:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default Another C-section question...

Those that I know that have had a tubal went in for the surgery. They were
put out completely, the procedure was done and then they were sent home
shortly after. It didn't take too long from when they were in until they
were sent on their way, and I was told that it was fairly straight forward.
I guess you're probably right... The c-section, I know, I had a fairly long
recovery time with it. It was a month before I even went back to classes
after, and for a while, I was not in good shape at all. Maybe it would be
best to wait until after to get it done. There really won't be any need for
contraception after the birth. I'm done with the drama and issues that N
brings with him and I'm not having him around any time soon, and there
DEFINITELY won't be any need for birth control right after unless I turn
asexual and manage to reproduce with myself

I'm I hearing you right that the general anesthetic is the big deal for
you? Remember that being knocked out for an emergency c-section is not
the same as being out for a minor procedure. Also, each anaethetist will
have different preference of drugs and exact methods and if you explain
the problems from last time, they may also be able to make choices based
on that. For a tubal, I think you'd be out about 15 minutes, a c-section
is more like 45, longer anesthetics are more likely to give trouble in
general, it might not seem like much difference, but the amount of drugs
they give to keep you under will be obviously be significantly greater.

I think you really need to talk to your doctor about your options,
someone mentione essure and even procedures that are usually done under
a general can often be done under a spinal with a motivated patient, so
you could ask about that too.

Cheers
Anne