Old May 5th 04, 08:32 PM
Donna

Default Membrane rupture question

"Elizabeth H Bonesteel" wrote in message

The AROM I know can be useful in many situations when labor has stalled;

but
is it really SOP if labor is progressing normally? And is there really a
legitimate 24-hour "deadline" after your water breaks?

I can't answer your first question, because I don't know, but as for the
second one, everything I've read independantly, and what I've been told by
my OBs and the hospital all agrees with the 24 hour rule after your water
breaks, due to an increased risk of infection.

Donna