Old July 11th 05, 02:18 PM
Nikki

We got a cat this weekend and she is very friendly...maybe a little
too friendly. She jumped into my 1.5 year old DD's crib at five this
morning and scared her half to death. I'm wondering if anyone else
has experienced this and what they did to keep the cat out of the
crib. I don't really want to lock the cat in the basement at night,
although it might come to that. I can't close DD's door right now
because we don't have central air and her door has to be open so her
room doesn't overheat. I'm not getting much sleep because I'm so
worried about the cat being in DD's room.
Any suggestions?

A couple of ideas to try:

A cheap screen door on the babies bedroom. A crib tent might work. I've
never actually seen one so I don't know what would happen if a cat jumped on
one.

When the baby isn't in the crib put something inside the cat won't like.
Tin foil, contact paper sticky side up, that sort of thing.

Have a spray bottle with a weak solution of vinigar and water handy. A mist
of that near the cat and they vacate rather fast. It won't hurt the baby if
it gets on the bedding either. You have to catch the cat in the act though.

I've never tried anything like this but you could try getting a rather big
peice of contact paper, sticky side up, and just sliding it in front of the
door when you leave at night. Big enough the cat can't jump over it. You
can easily move it but I can't imagine a cat would want to walk over it to
get in. That was going to be my next move for the kitchen counter but my
cat decided to quit getting up there before that. ;-)

--
Nikki