Old May 7th 07, 06:40 PM posted to talk.abortion,alt.child-support
Robert[_2_]

Default Child's First Right Is to Be Born, Insists Holy See

On Mon, 07 May 2007 09:26:02 GMT, (Paul Anderson)
wrote:

And no, I do not advocate different standards of rights for men and
women -- privacy or any other rights.

A person cannot, IMO, be held responsible to support anything or
anyone he or she did not agree to support. Nor, again IMO, can a
person morally deny support to that which he has agreed to support.
Being a biological parent to a child is not a prior agreement to
support that child, for man or woman.

Driving drunk doesn't mean that the drinker intended to kill anyone.
But he/she is responsible for any death that he/she caused. Having
unprotected sex is just as likely to cause a unwanted pregnancy, as
driving drunk to cause a death.
I drive a car daily, I have insurance to cover any damage I may
cause, we are all responsible for the consequences of our acts. And a
horny man is no exception.