Old April 6th 07, 02:26 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default Family Calendar management

toypup wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:33:48 EDT, Chookie wrote:

In article . com,
"Claire" wrote:

How are you tracking this sort of thing these days? A big piece of
paper in the kitchen? Electronically? Mom's head?

MY computer calendar (which synchs with my Palm) is THE CALENDAR. If it isn't
in THE CALENDAR, it isn't happening. DH does of course have a diary for work,
but my diary tracks all engagements that impinge on family life (eg, his
evening meetings).

LOL. My Palm is my brain. When they break, I am lost.

My sister keeps losing her palm pilot. I keep some phone numbers in
my cell phone, and for the rest I have an address book. ATM, we
write Drs appointments on the calendar that is on the wall - the one I
make up every year which has everyone's birthdays and anniversaries on
it, and that's all the keeping track that we need to do.

After the kids had left home I had a small yearly calendar (about
3.5x2") and I wrote my office days and field visits down in it, and
later used that to make out daysheets (we had to do day sheets, and
weeklies which accounted for every minute of time). I had a separate
mileage book of about the same size for filling out the expense
account. DH did his own thing.

When I was teaching, I had a big planning book, but that was for
lesson planning.

Otherwise, I wasn't working and we all did the same thing at about the
same time and I could keep that in my head.

And I do keep the calendars - especially the ones where all the births
and anniversaries are because among other things they have photographs
of everyone at various stages in life. But I even keep my little work
booklets because after awhile things tend to merge into each other.
When did I have the auto accident? When was the last time I went to
the dermatologist?