Old May 17th 04, 05:38 AM
Maggie

Default Midwives and my birth/story

Jill spake thusly
Argh. While my husband is holding the baby, I just wanted to post about my
birth experience. (Motherhood is great! But ouch....I am in soooooo much
pain, a whole week later! read on...)

Jill, I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic experience. I'm still
playing over my own experience in my mind, and it was quick and
uneventful in comparison - it is so much to deal with, isn't it? And
being sore for weeks afterwards makes it a little harder to enjoy
motherhood, I've found. I had a third degree tear, so I kinda know what
you're going through with the sore bottom!! My midwife recommended a
daily salt bath - add half a cup of salt to your bath. Plus showering
off after a bowel movement, to keep the area clean. After two weeks, I
can finally say that I'm feeling heaps better, and able to move around
okay. It's a bit itchy down below, but I think that's just things
healing.

It does get better.
--
Maggie