Old April 9th 05, 03:06 PM
enigma

"Neil Rutman" wrote in
:

My 15 month son is generally a very mellow kid. Recently he
has begun screaming/screeching at near the top of his lungs.
My wife and I believe he is frustrated because he is
talking/babbling but not easily understood and looking for
attention (hard to believe he needs more than he gets) so we
try to ignore it to the best of our ability. Unfortunately it
can not be ignored for too long because it is REALLY LOUD! We
try to divert his attention which does work temporarily but
the screaming starts soon after. Any ideas on how to tame the
screeching?

teach him sign language. seriously.
request he use indoor voice & reward him when he does. the hard
part is ignoring the screeching, but if you tell him 'indoor
voice' when he starts & refuse to acknowlege him when he's loud,
he will get the hint fairly quickly.
ear plugs help with the ignoring part i'm kidding)
lee