Old August 7th 03, 03:40 PM
Mary Ann Tuli

Default Baby Food Question

Ali's Daddie wrote:
I am posting this to 3 different NG's, but not cross posting.

Alegra is not ready for solids yet. In fact, the pediatrician said that she
will discuss with us the introduction of solids at our next visit (september
30th). 4 month visit.

What I am wanting to know is how many of you make your own baby food?

We didn't make baby food per se, but our son had bit of whatever we were
having. The only pre made food I bought was the jars of fruit which were
very convenient to take out.

What kind of processor (blender etc) do you use?

When I needed to mash something I used a fork.

And lastly, where do you get the recipes?

To start with we kept things very simple, just plain vegetable or fruit.
Then he started having what we had (excluding any allergy risk foods)

We are very seriously considering making Ali's food ourselves so that we can
buy only organic veggies and fruit etc..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-D

The longer you wait, the easier it becomes. If the baby can use their
fingers its even easier.

Mary Ann