Old October 19th 05, 03:11 PM
Jo

Default new weird behaviour

Arte wrote:
Jo,

I can't remember how old H was, he was definitely only little - 6mo at the
most. But he did something similar one night - if he had the capacity, he
would have been swinging from the light fittings. He was party boy for
something like three or four hours... happy as a clam if someone was up and
playing with him and screaming his head off the second he was put in his
cot. The only thing I'd done differently was give him some plain label baby
panadol and it had an artificial sweetener in it.

I rang the maternal and child health hotline and she had never heard of it
happening, but just to be on the safe side, I tossed the bottle of chemists
own and now I just buy the real deal. It's never happened again.

So, maybe just one of those weirdarse baby things to throw you off your
stride, maybe Will doesn't like fake sugar!

Jodi

We ended up giving him some panadol (no artificial stuff in it) and he
was asleep in 10 minutes on the breast. I am thinking he's a little
sensitive baby - eczema and all. I'm currently trying a dairy-free diet
for 10 days to see if that helps the sleeping or his skin (or both!!)
and perhaps the manic ep was due to withdrawals??!

Thanks

Jo