Old September 21st 06, 08:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Default The Ty Pennington Story

Vernon wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.

No, it means I have seen a lot of trash and a lot of cons. I recognize
them right away.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
Was that before or after youbecame a rocket scientist/high ranking
government official, bgtween your eighth and ninth careers?

Before AND during.

I can say that it is an excellent illustration of sick science and
a money making scam.
Sure it is...

UNBELIEVABLE that people get sucked into that trash.
Imagine that a person is sucked in because they want to adequately
function in society.

Oh, boy.

Drugs are the answer to everything.

Where did I say that? There is no question that proper medication can
help.

Some Meds CHANGE behavior. Those meds are classed as drugs. Alcohol is in
the same class.

It makes as much sense as a parent joining a certain Islam sect and
strapping dynamite to their kids and telling them they are expected to
take some dogs with them. THEY absolutely believe the nonsense. There
is no logic to change their mind.
That is an absurd analogy.

See above answer.

When in doubt use drugs or alcohol. You will have a lot of believers and
get a lot of sympathy.

Where did I say anything about alcohol? Medications are to be used when
appropriate.

To the people who decide they can't cope or are TAUGHT that they can't cope,
alcohol is one of the answers. Alcohol dependancy IS drug dependancy and
V.V.

The analagy is precisely right on.
There is no logic to change their mind.

Nope. The analogy sucks.

Like I said; There is no logic to change their mind.

Absolutely pitiful.

How can ANY intelligent person, even without training fall for that,
except to use as a failure excuse.
Of course it is / was on T.V. and there is little or no intellect
there.

I didn't mention the completely misleading and thus nefarious presentation
in their little "test".
The two giveaway traits in the "test" we
1. The completely ambiguous choices, never or seldom, sometimes, often, very
often. The same activity to different people would result in totally
different answers. Once a year to some would be never and others often.

2. Take this to your Doctor. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I showed the test to four different doctors in four different fields and
they couldn't believe the stupidity of the test and especially couldn't
believe that any respectable doctor would even bother to take it seriously.

ADHD: Poor little me, I can't cope.
I'm fed up with my kid and I'm going to drug it. Alcohol is frowned upon,
so I'll find a sympathetic (nefarious) Doctor and get a drug.

I don't know why they don't call Ritalin "Amphetakids," it would sell
even better.