Old September 6th 05, 03:55 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Claire Petersky" wrote:

In any case, considering Katrina's aftermath, I was wondering what people's
disaster preparation plans were, and if they've been changed.

We don't really have a disaster plan, because we live in roughly the middle of
Greater Sydney. We're a long way from bushfires, earthquakes, cyclones,
tornadoes etc. Our most likely scenarios a

House fire
Terrorist attack on infrastructure (anthrax in the water, destruction of gas
or electricity supply, bombing or road/railway)
Deaths of both DH and me in car accident; survival of children

DS1 and DS2 are too small to be drilled in fire escape procedure, so we
haven't started that yet. The thing we do need to do is rewrite our wills to
cover DS2, to make sure the boys go to the people we think they ought to go to.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.