Old September 29th 05, 07:10 PM
Kevin Karplus

On 2005-09-29, Scott wrote:
To the OP, worrying about protein. We have had good
luck with cheese (this is WI, after all) and nuts.
Beans as well, in season (Not dried beans -- the wife
and I don't like them). And meat as well. DS is
a chicken only person, but DD loves a good steak.
All are good sources of protein (as is skim milk).
Not a lot of tofu is consumed at our house, but
some people swear by it, and it can be very
flexibly prepared.

A lot depends on what kids are exposed to early. My son has been
eating cold tofu with a little soy sauce since he was 1 (he is now
9;6) and it is one of the foods that he will most reliably eat in his
lunch box. His other main source of protein is chocloate milk, of
which he now drinks about 2 gallons a week. He will eat occasional
meat products (mainly hotdogs and other sausages), and tiny amounts of
cheese. He will occasionally eat pinto beans, but not if they are
refried or mixed with anything.

Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.