Old July 6th 05, 01:43 PM
J. Z. Al-Huriyeh

On 25 Jun 2005 07:01:25 -0700, "cathyb"
wrote:

Not to reincarnate an apparently well-beaten dead horse but I have
some questions...

This religion involves aliens, ...oh, what's the point. As a for
instance, "In the 1960s the guru [Hubbard] decreed that humans are made
of clusters of spirits (or "thetans") who were banished to earth some
75 million years ago by a cruel galactic ruler named Xenu. Naturally,
those thetans had to be audited." Auditing naturally costs quite a bit.
Tom Cruise, while undeniably petit, and quite cute in his younger days,

On the surface, it just sounds like a sci-fi'd up version of the
Baptists' "Rapture"-- a kind of UFO cult. I had no idea this silly
UFO stuff was what they were teaching in their church. I am Orthodox
& don't know my Protestant sects well, so I thought the Scientology
church was the same church in which people are told not to use doctors
& hospitals. I must have been mistaken.

I would like to know why these people are against psychiatrists. I
thought it was because they don't believe in using medicines at all.
I guess that isn't so?

JZ