Old February 19th 04, 06:37 PM
Marvin L. Zinn

Default OT religion and smacking

When I am confronted with people like this, I like to
ask them to cite one verse in the Bible that recommends
use of a paddle OR a hand to spank a child. They
usually cite the verse about sparing the rod, which is
exactly what I am looking for because it gives me a
chance to suggest they look into the use of a rod -
more for guidance than punishment.

I am not opposed to spanking, and I believe some
children respond appropriately to that means of
correction, but others do not, and it takes a lot of
wisdom to know the difference. Every child needs a
different kind of discipline.

marvin

Marvin L. Zinn