Old April 21st 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
moviePig

Default Alec Baldwin Gives Parenting Lessons

On Apr 21, 8:57 am, trotsky wrote:
Tom Zielinski wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Tom Zielinski wrote:

"Thumper" wrote in message

On 20 Apr 2007 09:08:17 -0700, Sean Walsh wrote:

But something tells me that with the latter, NBC is not going to be
very supportive of what sounds like a very abusive, not just
disciplinary, father.

We don't know all the story. His kid may viciously play games with
him.

I'm a divorced father of three, and I have a very bitter relationship
with my ex. (She's on her fourth husband.) I've felt great frustration
at times including towards my children during the fifteen years since the
day I came home from work to find my house empty of children and
possessions. That said, there is simply no excuse for the abusive
language Baldwin used towards his daughter.

Wow, in the old days parents used to beat their kids with willow switches,
or at least administer spankings. Nowadays strong language is enough for
condemnation.

Are you really defending Baldwin?

Here's my take: I don't defend what he said, I would never say something
like that to a kid in almost any circumstance. There are kids that are
complete beatoffs that deserve some amount of tongue lashing, but we
have no idea if this is the case here, nor do we *deserve* to know.
What we need to start doing is ascribing blame in order of importance:
the fact that Basinger would allow her kid to be humiliated publically
by "leaking" this tape is FAR worse than what Baldwin said, and the
disgusting, filthy pandering media publicizing it is far worse to. We
didn't need to hear this just like we didn't need to know what was in
the package that Cho sent NBC.

....and if there were *really* some journalistic principle that
dictated against NBC's potentially paternalistic withholding of the
Cho legacy, then they could easily have popped it onto some out-of-the-
way but freely available web link. (This suggestion from the
snowball's-chance-in-hell dept....)

--

YOUR taste at work...