Old March 13th 08, 03:52 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default How to stop the night wakings?

On Mar 13, 7:00 am, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
cjra wrote:
The nursing to sleep is an issue. How does one stop this? When I don't
nurse her to sleep, she just cries and cries. That said, when I'm not
here, DH is able to get her to sleep. But if she knows I'm in the
house, she won't stop til she has me.

You may need to absent yourself at every bedtime for
a while.

I think DH is getting softer though, so he's not helping! He used to
be more consistent with her, but lack of sleep is weaing him down too.

Our consistent sleep place is our bed, and that's what I'd like to
change to the crib, but the crib is in our room. SO it's like teasing
her - we're there but she can't lay on top of us.

Any chance of expediting completion of her room?

Not unless we win the lottery and can pay someone to do it. We
scheduled out every weekend based on what needs to be done, and came
up with a September end date. No other rooms are 'complete' except our
bedroom.

Just for the record, things we need to do:
4 windows:
1. Remove lead paint from casing, strip windows (stripping to be done
off-site)
2. Sand, paint casing
(1&2 have to be done when she's out of the house)
3. re-glaze 4 windows (each double hung) and paint
4. frames: strip (done off-site), sand and stain, then rehang
4. Rehang with weights

2 doors, which include transom windows
1. strip, sand, paint
2. rehang

walls:
tape and float, sand, paint

floor:
complete stripping of linoleum (most is off, but there's a
particularly stubborn part)
lay new flooring

Having done one room almost completely, and about 90% of the kitchen,
we have a good idea of how long each task takes.