Old March 13th 08, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default How to stop the night wakings?

Not unless we win the lottery and can pay someone to do it. We
scheduled out every weekend based on what needs to be done, and came
up with a September end date. No other rooms are 'complete' except our
bedroom.

I think you're stuck between a rock and a hard place here, I honestly
think that to both continue nursing and cosleeping and also sleep
through the night is a VERY hard task, something that I cannot recall a
single person I've come across having done it (that could be because if
it was easy and not a problem it doesn't get mentioned). I know plenty
of people who nursed toddlers and had them sleeping through the night in
a separate room and I also know of non nursing cosleeping though the
night toddlers - I've had one of each myself!

So this is where you have to get creative, is there anyway at all you
can create a space for her - even if it means moving something every
night all a room has to be is a space where you can put a crib that is
not within reach of anything that can do her harm, which mean placing
something in the middle of an otherwise empty and undecorated room is an
option - it's what my parents do at their house, they have a room with
shelving all around the walls and precious things on them, it's a small
room, but a crib in the middle is far enough from everything. I had
friends who's baby slept in the kitchen, they moved the crib from the
hall to the kitchen every single night and every nap, it was a pain but
their kid had a normal or even better than normal sleep routine at every
age.

It may feel like you can only survive so long, but believe me, you do
survive, it's not fun, but you do.

Anne