Old March 14th 08, 02:15 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
MarieD[_2_]

Default How to stop the night wakings?

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Why does the area have to be quiet? One of the other things that my
mom told me was not to tiptoe around when the baby was asleep because
then she would wake at every noise. Whereas when you are running the
vacuum or dishwasher or whatever, or if she had siblings playing
around, she'd get used to some noise. Is it that quiet at the daycare
when she takes her nap?

There are babies who will not sleep through normal noises. My first two
babies slept through everything, but my youngest did not. She can't sleep in
total silence, either. She sleeps with a fan. When she was a baby, if we
were not silent, she would not sleep. She was already a horrible sleeper,
and because I knew you weren't supposed to be quiet when babies were
sleeping it was quite awhile before we tried being really quiet during her
napping. It did help somewhat. I can't sleep through things, either. The
husband, he can sleep through absolutely anything. Really.
Marie