Old April 9th 04, 10:09 PM
Catherine Woodgold

Default Baby walkers banned in Canada

Katie ) writes:
Canada First Country to Ban Sale of Baby Walkers

What about just having a warning on them that they
can't be used in places that have stairs leading down?

I don't like baby walkers myself -- I think they
don't lead to a natural way of learning to walk
or interact socially -- but perhaps banning them
outright doesn't make much more sense than banning
swimming pools.

Just a comment that occurs to me on the spur of
the moment. Maybe the ban is actually a good idea;
I don't know.

Society is going in that direction -- banning things --
but it's rather a harsh, inflexible method of addressing
a problem.
--
Cathy