Old September 18th 03, 10:30 PM
Larry McMahan

Default Jan 2004 Due Date... From a Newbie Husband....The 25.5 wk update.. ...

Hi Jon and Nikki,

Congragulations and welcome. Make yourselves at home, read the
posts, post your questions, and join the group.

Larry

Jon Stein writes:
: Well I can't believe we've made it this far 25.5 wks! Since our last
: update many interesting things have occurred.

: First about 1 month ago my 7 month old nephew came down with the
: chickenpox. And wouldn't you know it I've never had them. Thank God
: the wife has. I got a shot right after I was exposed which really
: helped as I only broke out with about 10 big pox all on my chest and
: back, and a few very small ones on my face which could have been
: mistaken for ache.

: Time seems to be flying. It's like I woke up one day and my wife went
: from not showing to carrying a beach ball in her tummy. She looks so
: cute walking around. Her belly now hangs over the kitchen counter when
: we are making dinner.

: We make a habit of lying down side by side and feeling our son kick.
: Funny the kicks are not what I expected them to feel like. They are
: quicker. Like bang bang.

: We are slowly accumulating things, most of which have been gifts. The
: only thing we bought was the crib (had to buy it as it was on sale for
: 50%). We are slowly putting a list together of things we will need,
: but we really have no idea.

: As for names we really are having a hard time, as we cannot agree.
: Even though we know it's a boy it seems more difficult as wife is a
: high school teacher and can always associate a boys name with a bad
: student she had. We have a backup girl name just in case, which we
: agreed on almost immediately. Why do people find it odd that we don't
: want to share our possible names? I mean we have already told people
: the sex, can we not keep something to ourselves?

: We have movers coming to move some furniture around. The sofa bed from
: the basement to the den, while the sofa and treadmill from the den go
: into the basement. I still have no idea what we are going to do with
: the computer room (our office), which is now the designated nursery.
: It will probably go in the den, or maybe in the basement.. Who knows..

: The wife just had her 25 wk appointment this past Tuesday and
: everything is perfect. We now have to fill out a bunch of forms for
: the hospital, core blood clinic, maternity leave etc... I think we are
: going to pay the extra money and get the private room at the hospital.
: Oh we also have to make an appointment to visit the hospital sometime
: next month and get the tour.

: Thanks for listening, now it's time to go move all the patio furniture
: inside to prepare for Isabel tonight and tomorrow.

: Jon & Nikki

: EDD Jan 1/04