Old June 15th 04, 03:22 PM
Donna Metler

Default overdoing it with aerobic exercise 6 months post c-section?

"Sophie" wrote in message

"kristine" wrote in message
om...
I've been reading comments and listening to a lot of women who've had
cesareans. It just seems to me that they are back to normal so much
more quickly than I am. I've heard of women going to aerobics or yoga
classes 3 weeks after their cesarean. I just can't believe that!

Sorry, but I wouldn't believe that either - lol. I did go on walks about
2-3 weeks post-partum, but I was slow and felt bad afterwards so stopped.

If
I did the dishes and picked up some toys, I'd be aching by the end of
the day when I was 3 weeks post partum!

*That* sounds normal to me.

Shouldn't I be pretty much recovered at 6 months? I can see
"listening to my body" and taking it easy at 3 months, even 4 months
after the c/s. But it has been 6 months already.

I got pregnant with #2 (planned) when #1 was 6 months old. I was told

healed
is healed. Waiting longer wouldn't have been physically beneficial. But
*really* 6 months isn't that long.

Also, there's a good chance that you're just plain not in as good of
physical shape as you'd like to be now-both because of pregnancy and because
you couldn't do much following the C-section. If you were doing things which
involved the abdominal muscles, it may just be fatigue, amplified by nerves
which haven't recovered completely yet.