Old August 6th 03, 04:54 PM
Rich Shewmaker

Default More U.S. Children Vaccinated Than Ever

--

"David Wright" wrote in message
In article ,
Tsu Dho Nimh wrote:
(David Wright) wrote:

The fact that you have no evidence is enough for me. I don't
doubt that Merck would be pleased if there were fewer vaccine
exemptions, but whether its worth their while (on a cost/benefit
basis) to lobby for such changes is an open question.

Well, what brings in the most money to the Evil Organized
Medicine Conspiracy: A $20 vaccine given during a $100 office
visit or a kid in intensive care for three weeks with whooping
cough?

And to top it off, the hospitalized individual will be treated with
many medications, made by the same companies that makes vaccines, and
costing a hell of a lot more. The idea that vaccines are better for
the bottom line than no vaccines is merely idiotic.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Besides, look at the dosing schedule. A vaccine is given at a rate of one
dose every five years at the most. Is this a picture of a profitable
product? Pharmaceutical companies make their big profits on meds like
NSAIDS, and antidepressants, and drugs for GERD and hypertension.

--Rich