Old May 19th 04, 08:40 PM
Sophie

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but need help!)

I did the blood work, then around 16-17 weeks I had the AFP test (came
negative), then around 20 weeks I went for y ultrasound (at a prenatal
place & everything was fine with our little girl). Then we had an
appointment with my dr the next day, we let him know that we're having a
girl. Because I wasn't sure the report would arrive to him so soon, I
had taken an initial copy of the report to show him. A month later was
our next appointment, he acted like we hadn't met after we had the
ultrasound. He asked me if we already know the gender of the baby (I was
annoyed, but tried to convince myself that I am not the only atient he
has & that it might have sliped his mind. Realy all it would have taken
is to write it down on a piece of paper in my file)

No offense but I woudn't expect my Dr to remember the gender of my baby.
How many other pregnant patients does he have? Remember it's *your* first
baby, not *his*.

Anyways, every single visit, we go there he puts that thing on my belly
& we listen to the heartbeat. That is all he does.

What else do you want him to do?

Then he asks me if I
have any questions and off I go. Sorry, but this is not enough for me, I
want more interaction and more attention (especially that this is my
first child. Everything freaks me out and I am clueless most of the time).

What do you want him to do? Attention to what? He asks if you have
questions, do you ask them, does he answer?
You're pregnant, not sick, needing medical treatment.

Anyway, I had my glucose test and it also came back negative. I realize
that so far, I don't seem to be a high risk patient (my sister wasn't a
high risk patient, until she lost a child in her 9th month, so that is
already freaking me out).

Ahhh, gotcha now. But she's not you. I have not had the same pregnancies
as my mom or sister.

Last visit, he told me that now I will start to visit him every 2 weeks.
I asked him when my next ultrasound is gonna be (I thought one should
have another ultrasound in the 3rd trimester), he said that therewasn't
gonna be another one. I tried to transform my disappointment and my
frustration into a joke, so I asked if it was ok to just do it for fun.
He gave me a 3/4 smile (I actually never had a full smile from him) and
said that it is useless, cause the baby's head is gonna tae up all the
pics I get.

There isn't a need for another ultrasound.

Now I am left to wonder is this all normal? I mean, the baby's heartbeat
is fine and all, but doesn't he need to check if maybe baby is too small
or too large?

Haven't you read the "baby's weight" threads here? It's all guesstimation.

Am I just being sensitive about all that?

I think so, but you're jsut excited.

What kind of
tests did other people have during their 3rd trimester?

Only things like non stress tests cos i was having problems. Not things you
want or need to do with a totally helathy pregnancy. Why do you *want* more
tests????

Sorry for the long message, but this is not even enough to satisfy my
frustration.

Mona
due 07-31-04

No offense, but I think what you're expecting is extremely unrealistic.
JMO.

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004