Old May 28th 04, 06:54 PM
Alissa

Default this is just my luck...

"Christine" wrote in message
Has anyone else been through this one?

To put it plain and simple, my DH was WONDERFULL through this whole
thing,
ie. he never left my side the whole time. well actually he did once
...but thats another post....because its was'nt just to get a
coffee..lol...( he left the hospital for 5 hours, 15 mins after birth )
I was so sick, and my dad had to stay till he got back to hold the basin
because i was throwing up!!!! ''another story''

But the thing is NOW that we are home and settled in, he doesnt even
look at her or hold, feed, change her,,,,,,he acts like shes not even
here......he doesnt even look at her....

and he KNOWS how to be a WONDERFULL dad,

whats up with all this....

anyone else?
I doubt it...

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

I wouldn't say my DH wasn't interested in DD when she was born but what he
did was limited to a short cuddle and he helped with bathing her ( I made
this to be a two person job and still do at age 2, I wash he drys etc) there
wasn't alot else he could do and he felt helpless so he busied himself with
work and lots of OT and outside of work with woodworking which drove me
nuts. (he was just going into his cave as a way of coping with this new
lifestyle and he felt alot of pressure to provide from his new family) Once
she turned 1 things changed and he says he likes it alot more once she
become mobile and more responsive ( not that he didn't love her before) Now
he works less and has no chance of doing woodworking ( she won't let him...)
I think some men just cope with things in different ways. My advise is to
try and involve him as much as possible without forcing it.
Alissa