Old July 17th 03, 05:15 AM
Kane

Default Scots call for electronic monitoring of 8yo-excess crime

Doan wrote in message ...
On 14 Jul 2003, Kane wrote:

Doan wrote in message ...

Snipping the pottage..............

Simple! Because spanking is almost universal! It is hard to find a
senator or a congressman that hasn't been spanked! Can you name a
non-spanked Nobel Laureate? ;-)

Doan

Sure.

I don't think Elie Wiesel was.

Don't know if these following guys were unspanked or not, but they
sure as are against it, and a few of them laureates:

In short, you don't know jack!

Ah, but I do know Doan...r r r r

Being against spanking is not the same
as being unspanked. Just ask Chris and LaVonne, they are against but
were beaten as children!

As I mentioned in the previous reply to your question, it was a stupid
question. People that are spanked often report it, either out of the
negative trauma it created, or out of defense of their abusers from
trauma bonding effects.

People who haven't been spanked don't even think to mention it. I've
read many a biography that had no mention of it at all, while in
others it was a central theme in some sections of their writing, and
it had the one of the two characteristics I mentioned above.

James Prescott, Ph.D., wrote the "Ashley Montagu Resolution" in 1994.
Dr. Francis Crick, Nobel Laureate in Medicine (1962) and discoverer of
the structure of the DNA molecule, endorsed the Montagu Resolution in
1995, along with Dr. Jonas Salk and many others.

Irrelevant!

No, Doan. YOU are irrelevant and I enjoy engaging you so people can
see just how irrelevant you are.

Dr. George Wald, Nobel Laureate in Medicine (1967) and discoverer of
vitamin A in the retina of the eye and how it works there with light
to form the molecular basis of vision, was also a strong defender of
the human right to bodily integrity.

Irrelevant!

No, Doan, the point is you don't know if they were spanked or not.

I've been waiting patiently for this. Please provide us with the names
of Nobel Laureates that have been spanked, and prove it.

You might look up the Ashley Montagu Resolution. It'll make you cry.

If you can.........

Passed right by it, eh? Now that is a case for your irrelevance if
ever I've seen it.

I love it when you set here claiming someone like LaVonne hasn't
answered your challenge because of some inability to do so. She may be
gone, she may think you are too funny for words, or she may think you
are irrelevant and crasy as a loon...who knows, but your assumptions
are comic.

You think your a smart ass with your questions that can't be answered
don't you?

Of course! And you still can't answer it! ;-)

And that is relevant how, given the question has no value since it
asks nothing that can be answered?

Just how many people that haven't been spanked would even bother to
mention it? Millions of people haven't been spanked, they just haven't
a reason to mention it.

And your prove is???

Opps! Walked right into it, didn't you? r r r r r

10 percent of the population, according to YOUR claims, has not been
spanked, or has made no claim one way or another. What's 10% of the
population of the US please?

Could it be in the millions?

ON the other hand, those that have been report it a lot. I wonder why
that is?

Could be we tend to talk about the negative more than the positive.

Then why did you claimed to be "never-spanked"??? ;-)

I said that, did I? Can you provide a cite? Someone must be posting
under my handle and addy. I've never discussed it one way or another.

I have discussed my two children, who, except for one highly
educational swat on the butt to one kid when he was five, were not
spanked, and for that matter not punished deliberately. They were
taught. Turned out fantastic, if I say so myself. Very successful and
independent, law abiding, productive, and jolly good fun to be around.

By the way, the educational part that came out of that one swat was
not my child's education, but rather, MINE. He obeyed me immediately,
when he shouldn't have. He got an immediate apology and a promise, and
he never once in his whole childhood or later, ever took advantage of
the fact he had my promise he'd never be hit again.

Doan

Poor little puppy. Sit up and beg for us Doan, there's a good boy.

Kane