Old November 5th 08, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Default I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Anne Rogers wrote:

she missed in ASAP. She doesn't do c-sections though. The main barrier
to this is I really have no intention of birthing in hospital if it's a
vaginal birth, mostly because of not being able to do it in water - this
is important to me as I think it's the only way I would be able to be in
a good position,

Have you looked into whether you can have a water birth in a hospital?
I know someone who rented a birth tub for her birth at Swedish a few
months ago. As you probably know, Swedish isn't exactly known as the
place to go for a natural experience, however with very good preparation
and a supportive doula, they managed it despite a labor that was longer
than all 4 of mine added together.

The question may be whether you can get a tub filled and warmed in time
anywhere.

--Betsy