Old March 27th 07, 03:59 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
RachyRach84

Default potty training

On 2007-03-21, RachyRach84 wrote:

But, my daughter is 23mths now, and is due to start play
school in may. but children have to be "dry" before they can start. i
may sound stupid, but my son was sleeping in a junior bed when he
trained so he was able to get out of bed and use the toilet. my
daughter is still in a cot, and i am concerned as to how i should
start training her to use the potty/toilet. i dont want to push her
before she is ready, but at the same time i dont want her to miss out
of playschool. As i feel building relationships with other children,
and learning the simple things like to share, is important.

Some kids learn early, some late. It is quite common for a child at
23 months to still be in diapers. If the playschool is requiring kids
to be dry at that age, perhaps you should look for a different school
that is more aware of the normal range of development. (It sounds to
me like they are just too lazy to change diapers, which is also not a
good sign.)

Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus

hi there, thanx for your reply. where i come from it is actually
standard that the child is dry. i have looked into other playschools
because i thought the same, but all playschools within a 15 mile
radius of where i live request the same.( well all playschools that
are listed). i really am concerned taht I DONT WANT TO PUSH HER, but
like i said i feel playschool is an important part of my child
developing. and really dont want her tomiss out because of me. xx